Hey, what are you up to?
Hey, what are you up to?
This gallery contains 3 photos.
Usually, it’s Ulalume who I take to beaches and resorts. But since she’s out for now (she’s due for a new face), I took Ichigo with me instead. Although Ulalume feels more at home with the sea and sand, Ichigo felt alright with a resort to lounge around. I forgot to bring my sister’s DSLR […]
This gallery contains 12 photos.
For a long time, I only had his head at home. Then, some weeks ago, I finally got him a body. On a rainy weekday, I finally got a chance to take proper photos of him completed. Now, some of you might have gotten to see him all over my Instagram, but these photos are […]
On my Livejournal, I used to do shoots of my dolls at whatever destination I went with them. That actually stopped for a while, but over this weekend, I happened to bring Ichigo along to Microtel near Mall of Asia in Pasay City. Unfortunately, I didn’t bring a proper camera and my phone died on me, so I had to rely on my dad’s tablet😄 Hopefully these pictures are still pleasing to the eye.
1. It isn’t certain how long Auber had existed. But it is sure that there was a time when she was supposedly “destroyed” and left without her own form.
2. During the time she was without a proper form, she tended to stay with various mediums. Often, though, she didn’t stay for long. It was only when she met Ulalume that she stayed and slowly began to regain her own form.
3. As an entity that governs dreams, she rarely interferes in the affairs of humans. Neither is she someone people meet in their sleep. What she does is mainly watch and quietly influence.
4. Originally, Auber was simply a “shadow” to Ulalume– someone to haunt her. Like a part of her subconscious manifested into a being. But after some plotting with Jen, who owns Reaiah— a death prince– Auber was given a more salient role as one who governed over dreams. To an extent, she is still a part of Ulalume’s subconscious. She knows the things that she represses. But she’s become a character all her own, concerned with watching possibilities unfold.
5. Because of her role, Auber’s design is supposed to never be “ordinary”. She needs to always be in some form of elaborate dress or with a very intimidating accessory. But she also likes “ordinary” outfits that present a great deal of possibility, such as the simple black Victorian Mourning dress I made her once. If she was to pick any kind of garment to wear, she would like to be clothed in layers of silk robes– fluid things that represent a multitude of possibilities.
6. Speaking of her design, Auber’s persona also draws inspiration from the “Green Fairy” associated with the drink, Absinthe. But she’s the very opposite of something associated with liquor. She’s actually a very stoic personality. Green is her preferred color, as it seems to be associated with intoxication, hallucination, and both calm and fear. She also prefers to wear black as the absence of color to her represents a void that must be filled with creations only made possible by the human mind.
7. Despite her usually passive behavior, Auber can be fiercely protective towards those she cares for. She protects Ulalume from the dark thoughts lingering in her mind, has a very possessive streak over Reaiah, and might show the same kind of protectiveness to those she has her eye on. (*cough*Magnolia*cough*)
8. Speaking of those she cares for, although she doesn’t seem to take much interest in people other than those she’s immediately related to (Ulalume is her host, while Reaiah is her brother), when she finds someone to bond with (such as Maggie and maybe Blair), it’s easy for her to get fiercely attached.
9. If Ulalume has a strong sweet tooth, Auber prefers very bitter things: strong alcohol, coffee, tea… poison.
10. Auber is probably the only one in my crew who I would like a version of in another size (SD, actually)… which probably won’t ever happen unless I win the lottery or something like that.
For a while, I actually gave up on the notion of vaguely holding on to a fixed “doll plan” since I kept getting sidetracked by new characters being pushed into Ulalume’s story out of circumstance. Both Ichigo and Auber weren’t part of the plans at all, and so was Fenris– who is currently still just a head in Joey’s possession.
Now, although Fenris’ body still is the priority, I’ve got new doll plans that I feel like I want to pursue… at least for this year.
IL:SA stands for Intuitive Lifedoll: Servant Automation, a successful servant android project developed by Quentin Payne’s LIFEDOLL Technologies, a lesser-known branch of his larger TechTots corporation. LIFEDOLL is preoccupied with developing sophisticated android technologies for various purposes, beginning with IL:YA, the first Inuitive Lifedoll with a Young Adult build. Unfortunately, IL:YA was an aimless robot. Developers realized that they needed to be built with a purpose, so they took IL:YA’s model and reprogrammed her into IL:SA, a model built mainly for servant tasks.
As part of his job as Ulalume’s godfather to keep an eye on her welfare, he decides to send IL:SA to her to assist with daily tasks.
Once upon a time, I had an tabletop RPG character named Ilya Silverdawn. She was drawn from a maid RPG game; an interesting randomly generated character born of dice rolls. From those dice rolls, she was given blue hair, steel-grey eyes, and a boyish attitude. Despite her random origin, she became a really dear character to me. But if she was going to be a doll, I would want her to be a Dollfie Dream or any other anime-style doll. To fit her properly into Ulalume’s world, and to reflect the fact that she looks totally different from my other dolls, I decided to make her an automation.
For the longest time, I wanted to have a tiny girl. A tiny girl to tote around wherever. But at the same time, I wanted her to be a kind of “cheap thrill”, a bundle of pure happiness. And that’s how I came up with Rua. Originally, her name was derived from Robot Unicorn Attack, as a kind of homage to its mindless amusement. But when you actually look “rua” up, it’s actually a Hebrew word which means “to raise a (joyful) shout” or “give a blast”. It’s oddly appropriate for a very loud and happy girl.
Since all of the dolls I plan need to be linked to Ulalume’s world in some way, I’m debating whether she should be another product of LIFEDOLL Technologies or if she’s simply a young girl who had shown up out of nowhere. All I know is that so far, her sculpt is definitely a very happy one: SQLabs’ KSG Moe.
Both of these girls, I totally feel like getting within the year after completing Fenris first.😄 What do you think of them?
1. Her full name, Amami Ichigo, is taken from Amami Oshima, an island in Japan known for its unspoiled natural surroundings. It’s also home to the Amami Rabbit, a species that is only found on the island.
2. Originally, I wanted to give her two names: Ichigo and Ichiko, to differentiate between her two forms (rabbit and resin). Simpler is better, so I stuck with Ichigo.
3. The Amami rabbit prefers a habitat that’s between mature and young forests. Ichigo does her best to establish herself as a full-fledged city girl, but her naivete and love for everything romantic is reminiscent of a simple country girl.
4. Among the residents in my side of Dormitorya Tzara, Ichigo has the most number of different hairstyles ranging from long and straight to frizzy mohair to elegant curls. But no matter what the hairstyle, Ichigo’s hair must be pink.
5. Ichigo’s birthday is August 15, which makes her a Leo. Rawr.
Ichigo back in 2006, hanging out with Ara’s Zeki.
6. Ichigo chats with Mistula’s Uno in Japanese every now and then. Due to all the years she spent in the Philippines, Ichigo’s lost most of her hold on the language.
7. Since Ichigo (as a rabbit) lived with me since 2006, she is technically the eldest resident of Dormitorya Tzara. (Her character age is also 16, making her also the eldest character so far.)
8. Despite all her feminine charm, Ichigo knows Judo. It isn’t known where she picked it up, but Ulalume guesses it’s part of her instinct as a magical girl. Ichigo says she’d just like to continue studying Japanese martial arts. After all, you’d never know when it could come in handy.
9. True to her roots as a rabbit, Ichigo is a vegetarian.
10. Despite the courageous front she shows, especially in front of Lobo, Ichigo often is a bit insecure and is intimidated by other girls who she thinks are prettier or more gifted than her.